Monday 20 June 2011

Lunch: Tuna Salad Sandwich

Problems with inspiration for your lunchbox?? No particular idea on what you feel like having, and no desire to work your kitchen for hours today? My lunchbox today might inspire you a bit...

My seaside weekend inspired me to make a healthy 'seaside lunch'.
The salty water still in my nostrils reminded my brain of the existence of a tuna can in my cupboard and the sight of bread in my other cupboard then created the idea to make a fresh home made tuna salad!

Ingredients:

  • tuna can (water based)
  • 2 tablespoons of yoghurt
  • 1 teaspoon mayonaise
  • 1 teaspoon mustard
  • pinch of salt
  • pinch of dried origano
  • two slices of whole weat bread
How to make it:
Mix the tuna, with the yoghurt, mayonaise, mustard and herbs.
Keep it in a separate container until you serve it, because otherwise your bread will soak up and it ain't particularly nice!
Once it was lunchtime I spread the tuna salad on my slices of bread and served it with a classic green salad with some balsamic vinaigrette and tomatoes.

Outcome: a very satisfying lunch if I may say so... next time I am going to add some fresh capers to give it a little hmpf extra!

Homemade Tuna Salad

Buon Appetito
Chef Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment