Friday 29 July 2011

Home Made Hamburgers

TGIF!! Yeah baby.. it is friday... it is summer - well for most people out there. In my beloved Amsterdam that I so was looking forward to moving to, it is cloudy, rainy & cold! Seriously NOT cool.

But once the sunshine is out, the whole Dutch population drops whatever it is they're doing and runs outside, dusts off their sunglasses to put them on their white little faces and right after they have a chilled beer they turn on a BBQ at home or in a park nearby to put on some juicy burgers!! That's summer for us, once in a decade... sigh!

Ingredients:

  • a man
  • 1-2 burgers per person
  • 1-2 buns per person
  • cheddar
  • tomatoes sliced
  • pickles sliced
  • cucumbers sliced
  • salad
  • mayonaise 
  • ketchup
How to make it:
Dust your BBQ and find a man to do the hard work of preparing the BBQ. Playing with fire is just their cup of tea so you shouldn't have any trouble in finding a volunteer. If you do, just say you will reward him with a big fat home made burger. No man on earth will resist you! (did I just come up with a new theory on how to seduce a man???)
Hmmmm meat!
Once the BBQ is hot and steamy, put on the rack and throw the burgers on there.
Twist and turn until done; this should take around 7-10 minutes depending on the thickness of your burger.
Add the cheddar on the burger a minute before it's done so that it can melt nicely.
While the burgers are cooking, open up the buns.
Build your burger to taste.


Home Made Hamburgers
Buon Appetito
Chef Steph

2 comments:

  1. I love homemade hamburgers. They're always better than fast food, without fail. And I love that your first ingredient is "a man." That gave me a little chuckle. :)

    xo,
    Stephanie (Big Mario Life)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey name-mate!! thanks for your comment.... and yeah my theory always remains 'men, you can't live with them, but you definitely can't live without them!' :)
    really like your blog. my cooking is my mushroom! so is my blog but work has been taking all of my time, plus adjusting after the move. I guess I need to find my balance as well....
    cheers
    steph

    ReplyDelete