Wednesday 20 April 2011

All Purpose Strawberry 'Jam'

I had waaaay too many strawberries in my fridge and my sole little belly couldn't handle devouring all of them by itself. So I had to find a solution in order not to throw them away.
I decided to make a strawberry compote or rather a coulis of them.... and it turned out suuuper good. It's more a kind of jam than a compote and is spreadable on bread, or as a sweetener in your yoghurt and I have another little surprise for you in store for what to do with it...

Ingredients:
  • 1kg strawberries
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
How to make it:
Blend all the strawberries.
Cook the strawberries with the lemon juice in a pan over a slow fire. It needs at least 30-45 mins. Make sure it gets all thick and gewy!

Voila you're done... put it in the fridge over night and it will get even gewier.

So goooood!!!!

Peanutbutter & Homemade Strawberry Jam Cracker!


Keep tuned for part 2....

Buon Appetito
Chef Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment