Monday 14 March 2011

Fusion: Chickpea Tajine with a touch of Feta

Hey y'all, how ya doing??
Since the fellow members of the International Cooking Club seem to be busy.. hopefully cooking, I am just going to keep on adding my little treasures on here.
This chickpea recipe is a twist and turn of the Chickpea dish Albert Heijn (a Dutch supermarket) has on their site and it is my 'go-to' when in need of some healthy yet comforting food, as it is filled with veggies and healthy natural proteins from the chickpeas but with that satisfying creaminess of the feta!

Ingredients: (for 2 big servings)

  • one eggplant
  • one zucchini
  • one big red pepper
  • one can of tomato cubes
  • one can of chickpeas - rinsed
  • a couple of sjalots
  • garlic clove
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp paprika powder
  • salt and pepper
  • 100gr of feta
What to do:
Cut the sjalots and garlic into tiny pieces.
Chop up all vegetables into similar cubes - they can be rather big.
Heat up the oil in your wok (or pan) and add sjalots and garlic until they give a nice smell and look 'trasparent'.
Add the eggplant, zucchini and red pepper.
Wok the vegetables for circa 5 mins.
Add all the spices and turn it all.
Add the chickpeas and tomato can. Stir the whole for a couple of minutes until it's steaming hot!
At the end you add the feta crumbled on top. Stir max a minute.


Outcome: From Super Healthy to Healthy and Creamyyyyy....MMMM

BUON APPETITO
Chef Steph


2 comments:

  1. woah YUM! I'm definitely trying this out sometime this week :) Btw, LOVE your blog background! Thanks for commenting on my blog dear! I tried to email you back but I can't find your email anywhere! :/ as far as the food photos I am so flattered because my camera is CRAP hahaha what I do sometimes to get good lighting is I take the plate to my balcony and get really good sunlight. [and eat it there lol] would love to chat. Send me an email :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sunlight.... noted! :)
    will also write you an email... but tomorrow cos i am dead tired... it's 23h here.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete